The Starting insulin booklet is for people with type 2 diabetes who may be thinking about including insulin as part of how they manage their condition. Many people have questions and/or concerns about going onto insulin. It is important to understand the role of insulin in the management of type 2 diabetes and to make an informed decision about starting insulin therapy.
The Starting insulin booklet covers a range of topics, including:
- About this booklet and using this booklet
- Understanding my diabetes and the role of insulin
- Options for managing my diabetes
- How to know if my blood glucose is ‘within target’
- Insulin: why, when, who, how and what?
- Benefits and side-effects of insulin
- Frequently asked questions about insulin
- So, how do I feel now about starting insulin?
- Discussing insulin with my health care team
- Where can I find more information and support?
The booklet has been written by health professionals with expertise in type 2 diabetes and insulin, as well as with input from people with type 2 diabetes.
The booklet is available as a PDF.
Read more about the role of insulin in the management of type 2 diabetes in our Starting insulin booklet.